Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Oxford at Tech Ridge Apartments in Austin, Texas and put our expansive kitchens to good use!
Speaking of cooking up something delicious, we have to ask: do you love spinach and artichoke? If so, you probably find yourself reaching for any and all variations of the stuff, from dips to stuffed breads, and now, this Spinach Artichoke Soup. Featuring budget-friendly frozen spinach, artichoke hearts, and plenty of cream and cheese, this soup is rich, hearty, and. Serve it on its own or with French bread, then bon appetit!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 9-ounce pkg. frozen chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, depending on how creamy you want the soup
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, plus additional 1/2 cup for garnish
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute longer.
- Stir in frozen spinach. Stir often and break apart using a wooden spoon. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until spinach is warmed throughout. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir in flour, stirring well to avoid any lumps.
- Pour in chicken broth and artichoke hearts. Heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn heat to low. Add heavy cream. Stir together. Add cream cheese and let melt slowly. You want it to be at a low heat to prevent curdling.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Season according to taste. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese shavings.